Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.

I normally do not post but I have seen this question too many times and really feel that I need to chime in. From our side, I definitely agree that their IR has been especially horrible over the last few months.

However I think we need to look at this from a company's perspective. I do not think the cost-benefit truly justifies this company spending money on an IR team. When you take into consideration the purpose of this company, IR just isn't that important. CUU is a very unique case in the sense that the majority of funding actually does not come from public investors. It has been said many many times that our value is not derived from our SP but rather getting the deal done with Teck. If shareholders are providing minimal funding to the company and SP is not a priority, it doesn't make sense to spend additional resources into hiring a team for something that just isn't that important at the end of the day.

Your question is ultimately based off of opportunity cost. Elmer spending time on phone means less time getting work done, correct? What exactly is that cost? Maybe 1 hour max a day? Also, money spent on hiring an IR department team means less money being put towards our final goal.

So the question at the end of the day is whether Elmer's time on the phone > cost of hiring IR. Given the purpose of this company, I would probably say no.

Please login to post a reply
ewong
City
Vancouver
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/15/2012
Social Links