Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.
in response to Metacomet's message

I have a certain familiarity with the tailings situation at SC. I looked at it hard in 2008.

If you liked that report, you might like this model of what I think a simplified view of the Skeeter Tailings Storage Facility might look like at the end of the mine's life - per the 2008 PFS mining plans.

The viewer in this image is looking to the SE towards the Skeeter Valley. Schaft creek is in the foreground. MT Edziza PP is inside the thin, lime green line.

You should be able to see the airplane symbol in the top right hand side of the image - marking the current SC airstrip and camp. The top of Mt La Casse is denoted with a flag.

The little orange squiggly line is the rim of the 2008 mine plan (life of mine) - much of the mine is obscured by Mt La Casse.

The magenta line is the rough location of the SC road. You can just make out the Galore road (also magenta) on the other side of the high mountain pass at the very top.

No doubt about it, Skeeter will be a big ol' lake in a few decades. Fortunately, the topography obscures it from all but the immediately adjacent vanatage points inside the park. I don't think there would be a bit visual impact to any but the most curious and healthy of Edziza hikers. Most of the major sites in the park don't offer more than a minor glimpse of the mine or the TSF from considerable distances.

jmho, dyodd

Please login to post a reply
Chappy726
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/23/2011
Social Links