Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.
in response to tommy2tone's message

Interesting report T2T - continual monitoring will need to be done, but no huge red flags, especially for Schaft Creek (Mess Creek has quite a few fish downstream but I'm sure any mine plan will take this into account). Interesting to find out that BC has been monitoring the waters for 30 plus years, as we should be. I like the quote you pulled from page 128 - it's speaking about further downstream, but still positive in its assessment.

"The water in Galore Creek contributes only 0.3% and Schaft Creek about 0.7% to the total flow in the Stikine River near Wrangell. It is unlikely that an increase in metals concentrations in either of these creeks will have a detectable effect on water quality of the Stikine River in Alaska. However, water quality in the Stikine River upstream and downstream of the mine receiving waters is a critical component of the long-term monitoring program."

Well, that's enough light reading for one evening, lol. Actually all this reading up on the Stikine makes me realize I'm going to have to get up there to experience it firsthand.

And one more link, this time from the Tahltan.

http://www.tahltan.org/news/tahltan-people-continue-emphasize-importance-protecting-sacred-headwaters-mining-developments

Please login to post a reply
chops
City
Vancouver
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/02/2011
Social Links