The 300 Club

Welcome To The 300 Club HUB On AGORACOM We may not make much money, but we sure have a lot of fun!
in response to Orange Flash's message

I get the feeling that the thrust of Harris' comments about share certificates runs counter to the advice of Jim Sinclair. He advised me some time ago to urgently get share certificates but I have yet to get an inner feeling that it is right now necessary.

Many years ago I sold some Texaco shares that were in certificate form. These were part of an employee stock purchase plan which I wound up when I changed employers. I had no trouble cashing them in - I just went downtown to one of the major brokers, signed them over and they cut me a check based on the market price at that moment. My guess is the shares weren't actually sold that day, just added to their inventory or perhaps sold short to collar the price they gave me, but from my standpoint it was a sale.

How well this works with juniors is another question. If your broker specializes in that area they would probably do likewise, although there could be some delay if the stock you're selling is illiquid. Probably worth asking how they handle this sort of transaction today since this was over 20 years ago.

ebear

Please login to post a reply
ebear
City
Vancouver
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/05/2007