Probe Mines

Growth through Discovery Canadian Base and Precious Metal Exploration
Plenty of interest
about 16 years ago
in response to cappysmart's message

Once the market wakes up to the idea that there may be a takeover bid, I think we will see the SP rise. We will probably also see a SP rise if favourable assay results from the 3 good holes come out.

Now, if this takeover comes from within the ROF junior companies, I don't think there will be much of a rise, just enough to make it less attractive due to spending of exploration funds on acquisition.

But, if the bid comes from a major, this will boost the SP of every company working in the ROF. Why? This would be the confirmation to the market that there is something of interest for a major here, and the market will want to ensure that they get a piece of that pie.

In the end, however, I have my doubts that there will be any takeovers. It is too costly for any of the juniors (NOT included, regardless of their $45mil cash) and the market will not be happy to see companies using exploration money on acquisition. They will remeber that the next time there is a PP...

And, it is still too early for a major to show their hands, with less than 1% of the ROF explored. Now, if the rumours of $15Bil worth of Chromite turn up to be true, this could really change the picture and a major might just take the plunge.

I think it will be a race for lab results from PRB vs 43-101 for NOT Chrome.

Please login to post a reply
Cylinder
City
Ottawa
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/28/2008
Social Links