Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to wolfpackvolt's message

So you're saying that if you buy a product you intend to sell, and that product and that product alone costs you $1.00, you will "make" = realize a net profit of 25% if you price that item at $1.33.

So I guess your cost of sales is zero and you have no overhead, and you sell the product out of the trunk of your car, and your time as salesman has no value.

You are one heck of a business man!

But if you choose to ignore all other costs associated with running a business, or choose to change your question to remove the word "make" and thus are talking only "mark up", then the answer would be $1.33 plus a third of a penny, to be exact. And with high volume sales, that third of a penny could be significant. How could you omit that third of a penny?

Now, can you tell us why this would be the correct answer?

Let me try: In simplest terms, because that 33 and a third cents represents 25% of the determined sales price.

As for my delay in responding to your silly, poorly worded question, I was engaged in responding to posts that actually had some depth of thought, and that actually pertained to PTSC. An ON TOPIC post. Also delayed by a lengthy call from my sister.

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/15/2004