Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to FutTheWuk's message

Actually it's quite funny that you find that so hard to believe. I didn't say they threatened execution for doing so. I'm aware of several companies, in my industry, that encourage their salesmen to stay in the Western and Southern regions during the deep winter months to avoid unnecessary cost related to travel delays. From a cost perspective that sounds very responsible to me. It's a damn shame Patriot hasn't used the same common sense through the years. It's not rocket science, you have 8 out of the 12 months to conduct business in a relatively safe weather environment. At my place of employment I'm free to travel when I please. They don't care what time of the year I choose to head north but, as a rule of thumb I typically head to that part of the world between March and October, unless otherwise needed. You will probably be surprised to learn most of my customers encourage me NOT to visit them during those months. I have customers in Illinois and Kansas that tell me to stay home until the Spring. Sometimes your responses make you look like a classic finance guy.

Please login to post a reply
1Rare1
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/11/2007
Social Links
Private Message