Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to greeneyes111's message

Obviously GE you have more and better information regarding this particular patent reexam than I do.

I can only comment on my past experiences and how the PTO informs those involved. For those who may be interestred what you will see on the PAIR site at the USPTO will something like the following...

01-08-2003 Input Issue Number and Issue Date for Reexamination
11-15-2002 Workflow - File Sent to Contractor
11-15-2002 Reexam Forwarded to Office of Publications
11-06-2002 Scanned in Central Reexam Unit
10-31-2002 Notice of Intent to Issue a Reexam Certificate

They'll post the intent to issue a reexam and usually the party (s) involved will here from them directly that same day(maybe even the night before after the close of the markets). The content of the reexam is what is important...IE: did it remain the same, did it change for better with stronger more detailed claims or did it change for the worse with diluted or eliminated claims...the reading of the findings is what is important. IMO the company will PR the outcome good bad or indifferent at the end of the day of the notice to issue a reexam certificate....if not shame on them!!!

The actual posting and issuance of the certificate is about 90 days later accompanied by a publishing of such in the Official Gazette just like the notice of reexamination was. That will be the "official" and last action taken.

BTW... the rexam notice or certificate issuance wil be signed by the examiner and his section head along with the probably the person who oversees the technology side of the patent offices. Keeps a lot of eyes looking at it to forgo any slip-ups and/or errors of omission.

Just some info for what it's worth.

Please login to post a reply
emtnester
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/23/2007
Social Links