Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to dys1's message

I'll chime in, as this goes in concert with my reply to Kamranta re: share buy-backs.

I would think that an acquisition contemplated to occur before the numbers for the current qtr are revealed (4/9/08) would be an all cash deal.  IMO, using any stock in the transaction, before the true value of that stock is realized, would be a very bad move (unless they could convince the "seller" that those numbers are big, without revealing those numbers - walking on thin ice re: NDA/CC).

This creates another stumbling block in performing such an acquisition within this short remaining timeframe, IMO.  If an acquisition were announced, I'd think that some level of detail, re: term$, would have to accompany such an announcement - especially if the acquired company were a public company.  Seeing the seemingly VERY tight lid they have on providing any info right now (until 4/9/08), it seems unlikely that they'd make a move that might reveal too much and nix the settlements.

I would sure hate to see PTSC make an acquisition with currently-valued stock as part of the deal.  But this is because I'm fairly convinced that the potential very near term profit from share buy-backs would be more than any acquired company could produce over several years.  And for this reason, I'd be frustrated with even an all cash acquisition when I can vividly see a much more profitable use for that money - right now.

I'd really like to KNOW the true answer to my (and others') question - can the company - the corporate entity - buy back shares?

JMHOs,

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined