Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

Thank you the long reply (hey, it's my style! LOL).  You have a great life story, and it adds to understanding where you're coming from - and it's a good place!

I'm just extremely frustrated....

Going off on a tangent - I really get upset with parents that have the attitude "I won't make my kids work, their job is to have fun" (and I've heard parents actually say that).  Apparently they don't get the "develop a work ethic" thing, and other little things like responsibility, or pride in a job well done.

When I was a kid (1960s), kids competed for odd jobs like mowing lawns and such.  And competition was fierce.  I charged a buck a lawn, edged and mowed, regardless of size (unless it was dinky).

I obviously talk to friends and aquaintances frequently about illegal immigration.  And one thing I nearly always point out - "when was the last time you saw a kid mowing a lawn?", followed by "we've done a lot of this to ourselves!". 

Oh well, I think we agree things need to be done about all this, it's just a "who, what and when?".

Perhaps my perspective and ire comes from seeing an obvious "takeover" occuring in SoCal.  When the town I grew up in becomes 80% Spanish speaking only, it has an impact - a shock effect.  Especially when it comes with drastically increased crime rates.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined