e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to SGE1's message

Well I'm a little disappointed in not receiving the help I solicited in the post to which this one replies. I went ahead and did some analysis of Joe's spreadsheet, which appears to have been current as of 9/10/14. Since then, I believe the only needed updates are the three recent apparent settlements with New Dane, Verbatim and Seagate.

There were indeed 41 litigants regarding the '108. It appears there were 17 settlements as of 9/10/14, plus the 3 new ones, making 20. Included as "settlements" are those disputes "Dismissed with Prejudice", those having a "Joint Motion to Dismiss", and those where there was a "Voluntary Dismissal" by EDIG. I'm also going to include the 3 disputes "Dismissed Without Prejudice", though this should mean that there is still a window of opportunity for further litigation - though that litigation may be simply in regard to responsibility for legal fees - so I will consider those also closed in some fashion (i.e., no longer a significant settlement candidate).

Based on the above, I conclude that of the 41 original disputes, there remain 18 settlement candidates purely from the current litigation (41 - 23 = 18). This does NOT include other settlement/licensing possibilities via infringers which are not participants in the instant litigation, but are subject to future litigation due to their infringing practices (i.e., have been given legal notice, but have not yet been sued).

Before incorporating this augmentation to the Licensing Summary, I'm putting out there for correction as appropriate.

HELP continues to be solicited!

TIA,

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating