e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

Hello all,

Okay, here is what I have learned and think is going on, right or wrong. You may or not want to hear it, but it is your choice. The Denver Hearing told me/us nothing. I/we had hoped there would be something more definitive/positive, but what has happened in the past continues to happen, nothing to change the SP significantly. Thanks to the 2 of you for going. Sorry Giant, but it sounds like you recovered.

I am putting the MH aside for the moment; because if it does happen I/we think there is a very good chance it will be favorable to edig. I happen to think it will not happen. A side bar, I have 6 patents out of 7 applied for. 2 Provisional Patents issued, and will apply for a 3rd in January.

I became interested in edig because of ‘774. I think the other subsequent patents are fluff. And, the features claimed in ‘170 were already in the original Flashback when it was released in ’94, but not claimed in ‘774 (should have been). I know because I have one (gadget freak). Having said that, I think the strength of ‘774 is as great as the Patent Infringement Lawsuit on Intermittent Windshield Wipers, won by the inventor in the ‘80’s-90’s. Perhaps the biggest ever, until now, perhaps. The Intermittent Windshield PI lawsuit against Ford and Chrysler was made into a true story movie in 2008, titled “Flash of Genius” staring Greg Kinnear.

Having become interested in edig sometime ago, I have been flabbergasted and frustrated by the lack of national and international PR this story deserves, and has failed to generate.

I think RP’s and FF’s statements have been intentionally kept in vey low profile, and distributed to relatively very few, perhaps to shareholders only. I put FF intentionally 2nd. I think RP as VP of Investor Relations, and who has been around from the beginning (late ‘80’s) leads this effort. I think RP’s printed (SEC required for the most part) verbal email statements are circumventing platitudes, and FF goes along with them. I think this because he has, in effect, been bought out. What CEO makes an $185k salary from a company that has lost $ for 20+ years from its core business and only changed because of the last round of PI lawsuits ($155k before that)? I actually spoke to both of them mid-year, and was told DM was controlling this, and all of it is a strategy, but wouldn’t say what it was (understandable). FF was much more forthcoming, but at the same time was clearly very reticent.

Okay, here is my conclusion, again right or wrong. 1st I want to thank you all, because I have found your many meaningful comments/observations useful and thought provoking. I think the SP is being manipulated to keep it low, not by “Insiders” (last trade in May ’10), but by a large shareholder(s), perhaps in collusion with Insiders, as result of DM’s strategy. One of you mentioned Day Traders, and no doubt there is some participation from this quarter, but they are, at the end-of-the day, dealing only in pennies, no more than a few $ based upon what some of you post day-to-day. Not even enough to pay for the trades unless there is a cheaper way than I know about. I think the SP is being kept purposely low in hopes of a buyout by one of the defendants who’s money is a lot stronger than the US $, and perhaps determine it is cheaper to do this than face a settlement and ongoing royalties, and perhaps, most importantly, own ‘774 (One of you also suggested this. I apologize for not knowing who.). This kind of announcement will of course drive the SP up, but I don’t think the out-of-the-park as we have anticipated, at least what I anticipated. I also think it could continue to be manipulated to a degree in order to keep the purchase price in the ballpark. In any case, ongoing settlements/royalties or purchase at a reasonable price, DM will make out pretty good, as will large shareholders. I think DM and the edig forces want to get this behind them and move on. There are, in my opinion too many weakness’s not necessarily ‘774, but with edig itself. I don’t believe there is anything significant going on with eVu. I think it is all a ruse being proffered to keep shareholders like us happy. I suspect there are extenuating circumstances we don’t know about, and most importantly, I don’t think edig is interested in building a core eVu business. I also think they know better technology is being developed by perhaps by some of the big boys. Look at where things are going with handhelds, and a lot of people fly all over the country, all over the world, and from all over the earth. I can’t believe edig is a long time player.

Okay in closing, I want to say this is not meant to be bad news, and it is of course it is only my opinion. I think we will make some $ after all this time, but not what it could have been if handled differently. By the way, I do give edig major kudos for keeping ‘774 and the subsequent patents alive all these years. At-the-end of-the-day it was a flash of genius, I don’t know how they kept the company alive, major huspa I reckon, and it has given us, and continues to do so, a ride.

I hope all of you are well, and continue to do well. Please remember the above is only my opinion, I maybe all wrong. But I suspect some of you have had similar thoughts. I will continue to observe. For what it's worth.

Thanks.

PS: Perhaps one of you could tell me how do you find out the individual trades that happen during the course of the day?

Please login to post a reply
Spec-U-Later
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/07/2010
Social Links
Private Message