e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
CO 19 case
almost 15 years ago

The complaint was filed in the 10th District Court on 11/02/09, 36 days ago. I'm stumped as to why none of the 19 defendants have filed a reply. According to federal rules of civil procedure rule 12, a defendant normally has 21 days to serve an answer. The only exceptions are if the defendant waived service under Rule 4(d) which would give them 60 days. I can find no evidence of this exception and the 10th DC has jurisdiction over all 19 defendants. Even if all were in settlement talks [unlikely], they would still need to file a reply or ask for an extension of time to reply. Very curious.

Gil, your thoughts?

-----------------

Rule 12. Defenses and Objections: When and How Presented; Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings; Consolidating Motions; Waiving Defenses; Pretrial Hearing

(a) Time to Serve a Responsive Pleading.

(1) In General.

Unless another time is specified by this rule or a federal statute, the time for serving a responsive pleading is as follows:

(A) A defendant must serve an answer:

(i) within 21 days after being served with the summons and complaint; or

(ii) if it has timely waived service under Rule 4(d), within 60 days after the request for a waiver was sent, or within 90 days after it was sent to the defendant outside any judicial district of the United States.

Please login to post a reply
silversurfer
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/16/2004
Social Links
Private Message