e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
Visualized it
about 15 years ago
Re: Visualized it
about 15 years ago
Got Filled @ .11
about 15 years ago
Re: Got Filled @ .11
about 15 years ago
in response to richardo's message

From my earlier post:

"For the record, the numbers I posted are not my "guess" at a buyout # but simply a calculation to show how one approach might look. To be honest, I can't even speculate what a number might be."

The reason I can't speculate is that this is not the normal scenerio. I can't even begin to value our company because we don't have enough information regarding the value of the IP. If the average annual sales over a 10 year period of infringing product is, let's assume for a moment, $20 Billion , what's our share worth? Is our technology worth 1% of a unit sold? If yes, then the total value of our infringed IP over the 10 year period is $200 Million/year or $2 Billion. Looking at it another way, is our IP worth $2 for every $200 device sold?

I simply don't have the answer to the question; therefore, all I can do is speculate (and dream a little).

P.S. I don't see any harm in the dreams being shared today simply because none of us knows how to value our IP so we are all guessing. What's wrong with that?

Please login to post a reply
jefother
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/22/2007
Social Links
Private Message