Timmins Gold

On site at present, Timmins Gold's mining and crushing operations are continuing with the available Komatsu shovel and six Caterpillar 100 ton trucks until the full mining fleet arrives. Over 100,000 metric tonnes of ore have been stacked on the heap leach pads and gold leaching has begun.

We like Rio Alto Mining Ltd. (RIO:TSX.V; RIO:BVL), and Timmins Gold Corp. (TMM:TSX; TGD:NYSE.MKT) and Lake Shore Gold Corp. (LSG:TSX) are some of our bigger positions.

Timmins had another great quarter. It recently fended off a move by Sentry Investments to take over the board. In my view, Sentry only wanted to sell it. CEO Bruce Bragagnolo did a fantastic job during that struggle. He does not come from a mining background but he runs that company better than most people I see in the mining industry. At around $2/share, Timmins either buys something else, which it needs, or gets taken out. On a pullback, it's a great buy, even if you only want to speculate on a takeout.

TGR: The rumor is that Argonaut Gold Inc. (AR:TSX) is going to make a bid for Timmins Gold. Your thoughts?

BP: I know the rumor, but I am not so sure about Argonaut, if I look at its stock price. Everybody's darling has fallen quite a bit. This may not be the right time for it. But of course there's a chance of a takeover by other companies. There are certainly a few sniffing around. In general, Timmins would be a nice fit at 120,000–130,000 ounces (120–130 Koz) gold annually. It would have to be a company where adding 120–130 Koz significantly increases its production profile and also the region has to make sense. Timmins probably can't lower its all-in costs much more but it has some healthy margins at the moment and even more if the gold price rises. Even at $1,300/oz gold, Timmins added another $11M to the cash balance last quarter. I think management is building up the cash to find a good takeover target itself; Timmins appears to be very selective, and that's probably because there are not many options out there that make sense.

http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/chris-thompson-gold-and-silver-miners-that-can-make-money-now

http://www.silverstrategies.com/story.aspx?local=0&id=48303

Please login to post a reply
luker
City
Toronto, Ontario
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/27/2008