Sultan Minerals

Welcome To The Sultan Minerals HUB On AGORACOM A gold, silver and base metals exploration company

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Sultan Minerals Inc. (SUL-TSX-V) ("Sultan") is pleased to announce completion of an 8-hole diamond drill and trenching program on the HB and Garnet zones of its Jersey-Emerald Property. The program was designed to test ground geophysical and geochemical surveys completed in 2009. The results of the ground surveys indicated the presence of extensions and parallel zones of mineralization away from the historical zinc-lead mines (see Sultan News Release of May 5, 2010).

A total of 545 metres (1786.5 feet) of diamond drilling was completed in the 8 drill holes. Hole HB1001 was collared to test a linear magnetic trend with coincident zinc in soil geochemistry to the west of the Garnet Mine. This hole intersected significant pyrrhotite in argillaceous schist.

Holes HB1002 through HB1008 were collared within an area approximately 200 metres north of the Garnet Mine, and to the west of the HB Mine. These holes tested areas of elevated lead and zinc in soil that is in places coincident with magnetic highs. Excavator trenching carried out during drill pad construction revealed bands of sphalerite (zinc mineralization) within limestone and dolomite. This geology is similar to that of the historic Garnet Mine and is expected to be an extension of the mineralization northward from the mine. Drilling intersected strong pyrrhotite mineralization in micaceous argillite, as well as brecciated limestone and dolomite with pyrrhotite and sphalerite mineralization, and short sections of sphalerite as banded sulphide similar to that exposed in the trenching.

A total of 133 core samples, and 3 trench samples were shipped to Acme Laboratories in Vancouver for analysis. Assay results will be released when they have been received.

Sultan's geologic consultants continue to process the historic Cominco data from the HB and Garnet Mines. This information, combined with results of the recently completed trenching and drilling programs, will assist in outlining the mineral potential within this area of the Sultan properties.

The Jersey-Emerald Property includes the Jersey Mine and the HB-Garnet mine which were the second and third largest lead zinc mines respectively in BC's history. Sultan recently published a NI 43-101 resource estimate for the remaining lead zinc mineralization at the Jersey Mine, (please see News Release of March 1, 2010). The report showed an indicated resource of 1,900,000 tons averaging 1.96% lead and 4.10% zinc using a cut-off grade of 3.5% combined lead-zinc. There is an additional inferred resource of 4,980,000 tons averaging 1.95% lead and 3.37% zinc at the same 3.5% combined cut-off grade. The new resource is comparable in grade to the historic mine.

Please login to post a reply
grizfish
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/18/2007
Social Links
Private Message