Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to GleeGee's message

Hi, GleeGee-

Some items to note: BNN's Andrew Bell said that a *Chromite* mine is ten years in the future. I believe that he's thinking of an open pit Chromite mine, which is not what Noront has in mind at all. Bell also jumped around quite a bit on the timing, sometimes saying 5 to 7 years. I think that the shorter time-frame applies to Noront, whose environmental footprint will be miniscule when compared with the open pit that Cliffs has in mind for the RoF.

Noront CEO Wes Hanson did look tired and preoccupied, not to mention that he needed either a shave or a thicker beard. I guess the hair/makeup people spent all their time on the KWG director, who looked extremely polished in comparison. I also suppose that the KWG director hadn't just spent a lot of time up in the far north negotiating with the First Nations, or trying to get all the pieces back in place to start the drilling program again (much gratitude to you here for your efforts, Mr. Hanson!).

I wish that Mr. Hanson had allowed Andrew Bell to finish his questions and had then answered fully, rather than assuming that the audience knew the story. It's an exciting story! Phrases like, "and so on and so forth" do not begin to capture it. Maybe the hedgies took him out last night on a bender to ensure that his presence was less than focused? :-)

It's great to see the SP up on strong volume, knowing that we've got more NR's coming on the JJJ gold zone and the songs of the drills (seven total, as far as I can tell, including the two 2000m deep drills).

GLTA longs!

Please login to post a reply
dvdgray
City
El Cerrito, CA
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/18/2008