Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Toolin's message

I happen to agree with Toolin's post and have recommended it accordingly. It is clear, however, that their is a strong opposing viewpoint on this forum judging by a glance over the respective recommends. People can and do change their outlooks, but by and large I have found this a slow and uncertain process, with many of us holding deep-seated biases formed on emotional rather than logical processes.

So, in terms of the relationship in the ROF between residents from time immemorial and freshly arrived resource explorers, I see no point in raising humanitarian-based concerns or hashing over injustices (perceived and real) perpetrated by either group.

But, let us consider: Do we think there is more to be gained by promoting a confrontational stance? Or in striving to develop a collaborative way of mutually sharing and using these territories? The Noront BOD have made their choice and are implementing it.

Noront is currently by far my largest share holding. I may disagree with the BOD on some of their tactics in dealing with the FN, but am quite comfortable with their overall strategy of negotiation and patience with the FN on what are loaded issues, ripe for confusion and misunderstanding if any player attempts the bulldozer treatment.

This can and should result in a win/win outcome, but it won't be quick and it won't be easy.

Best to all NOT holders,

O.F.

Please login to post a reply
Orange Flash
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2008