Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to obg's message

I couldn't agree with you more obg. As you said, "This stinks". The FN have no right to make this blockade. All members of our society should be subject to the same laws. The FN should have to deal with their issues through normal legal channels like the rest of us.

What do you think would happen if a group of Noront shareholders got together and blocked the 401 to protest the blockade?

I am all in favour of proper treatment and respect for the FN people, but expect the same in return. Noront and MFFN signed an agreement last fall.....the FN wouldn't be going back on their word would they?

Noront should insist that they be allowed to resume all exploration activities, while continuing to negotiate with the FN.

It has been 3 weeks since I commented on this topic and we are still blockaded. I repeat my post from January 29th, below.

---------------------------

This is very wrong!

posted on Jan 29, 10 06:05PM

From all indications, MFFN's dissatisfaction regarding the ROF, is not with Noront. As such the blockade should not apply to Noront's activities.

It is all well and good to support your neighbours, but that support does not have to affect Noront's work. It would be much more meaningful for MFFN to allow Noront to continue normal operations, but not allow those companies they have issues with to operate.

This would emphasize that proper discussions and efforts to work with First Nations communities is not only morally correct, but also just plain good business.

Noront has made a great effort to involve the First Nation communites. For Noront to be punished along with everyone else is morally wrong, and just plain bad business on the part of MFFN.

While I realize Wes and company are in a delicate situation, I believe they have leaned too far to appeasment, and not enough toward assertion of our rights, and the mutual advantage of allowing Noront to move forward without interference of any kind.

I repeat,...... this treatment of Noront is bad management on the part of MFFN. I hope negotiators can convince them of this, and quickly.

Poster, "Rhammer" has posted some concise descriptions of the situation in the ROF, and after reading them, I sympathized with the First Nations concerns, but that sympathy is fading as my portfolio value declines. No, it is not just about money. It is about principle. MFFN should not be painting Noront with the same brush as those companies that they have concerns with.

There are a number of issues in our society that I am unhappy with.......I wonder what would happen to me if I blockaded something??

With great concern,

Canseco

Please login to post a reply
Canseco
City
London, Ontario
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined