Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to eastwoodtrader's message

"Do you have some thing against First Nation getting wealthy ."

That depends.

If it's through hard work and smart choices then... no. But if it's through complaining and committing "legal" extortion then... yes.

I agree that if the mining is going on up there near the communities then those communities should be given the opportunity to get the contracts, etc if possible and if at a rate that is reasonable. However, "The 2 communities just don’t want to benefit from the employment and business spin-offs" says it all to me. Is the land that is being mined sitting in somebody's backyard? While NOT was drilling over the past 2 years... was their equipment hampering the hunting and fishing being done in the region? Or is this just some swampland in the middle of nowhere that everyone wants a piece of now that the hard work has proven up?!?

If "the 2 communities" want to benefit then why don't they do what I'm doing... and buy some stock?!?

When does this end? For crying out loud. For how many generations is this going to go on? And please don't get me wrong here. I know FN have been wronged in so many ways in the past. I get it. I get that. For example, I think that the residential schools were atrocious crimes. Inexcusable. And those responsible should be hung in the streets. However.... at some point.... this country needs to stop apologizing and walking on egg shells and move on. Period.

Be fair.... but don't pander.

~snezzer

Please login to post a reply
snezzer
City
Surrey
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined