Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Mucker's message

Hi Mucker,

good to have someone on this board with 40 years of experience in the nickel mining business.

With this much of insider knowledge, I would like to ask you to clarify your statements in your latest post :

" Grades of 1.2% and 2.4% nickel are not considered as higher grades by anyone in the nickel mining industry. Most established underground nickel mines consider 1% nickel marginal at best."

"Vale in Sudbury have suspended all their deep mining development, and are reassessing these projects because their not sure they can mine them at a profit. These areas have a much higher grade than 2%."

Can you give some specific examples for your statements, because my DD shows that there are not many deposits (at least in Canada), that show average grades much higher than 2% Ni ?

Refering to Noronts latest presentation (p. 18), Eagle 1A ranks quite high in the komatiite deposit comparison with an average Ni grade of 2.12%.

The majority of these deposits would be in the range of 0.5% to 2.0%, some in the range between 2.0% and 3.0% and only a few would be averaging over 3.0%.

My other DD showed, that Eagle 1 with average gades around 2% Nickel is certainly in the "world-class" league of deposits in Canada, as can be seen by the following examples (and has certainly much better by-product valuations (PGE,Cu) AND is starting just below surface (7metres) :

a) Inco: Birchtree, Manitoba: 1,80% Nickel (13,6 Mt)

b) Falconbridge: Onaping-Craig, Sudbury: 1,55% Nickel (23,5 Mt)

c) Falconbridge: Raglan, Quebec: 2,85% Nickel (19 Mt)

d) Falconbridge: Montcalm, Timmins: 1,5% Nickel (7,2 Mt, not in production)

e) Inco, Kelly Lake: 1,77% Nickel (10,5 M)

f) Inco, Copper Cliff South, 830 Ore Body: 1,27% Nickel (2,7 Mt, not in production)

g) Inco, Copper Cliff North,138 Ore Body: 0,9% Nickel (300.000 t, not in production)

h) Creighton (Deep Deposit, >3000m): 81.000 t @ 4,6% Nickel

It would be nice if you could give some more examples that support your statement of grades around 2.0% Ni "NOT being considered higher grades" and "suspended projects with much higher grades than 2.0%" .

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

FANTOMAS

P.S: Most of the above mentioned examples of mines and projects are mining in depths between 1300 and 3050 METRES (NOT FEET) !

So good to hear that we are at 900 metres (but still in mineralization) !

Please login to post a reply
FANTOMAS
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/04/2007
Social Links
Private Message