Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Stratopod's message

I just have to disagree about partnering with a major being good for the share price. Let's say the major puts up the money for rights to half the ore (i.e. a fifty/fifty joint venture). There might be a pop when the deal is first anounced but then (imo) the share price will languish for years as they go through environmental studies, planning for construction, eventual construction, start-up, etc., etc. In the meantime there would probably also be a couple of panic sell-offs. A long ways down the road there may be some dividends and a long ways down the road the major may buy out the other half. I expect I will have cashed in my chips (one way or another) by the time that all comes to pass. What we need (imo) is a straight-out purchase of the orebodies (a la Voisey's Bay) for an equitable price and an equitable payout to all shareholders - the sooner the better. I could think of at least one good example where a major partnered with smaller company (50/50 joint venture) and where the share price has now been in the doldrums for a long time. I'd mention the name but the post would probably get deleted.

Please login to post a reply
Zooloo
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/30/2007
Social Links
Private Message