Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Newager23's message

"Mucker, you are spot on. I haven't been posting much because I don't want to sound negative, but the stock price isn't a sure thing to blast off."

So why post now when, if there was any point in time for our sp to blast off considering the recent months, it would be around now going forward? But then to blast off means different things to different folks.

"If it was, the stock price would be much higher. To give you a clue, the deep pockets know we have at least 10 million tons, but the price is just over $2. What does that say? It says that 10 million tons isn't worth much!"

So then, there can't possibly be other reasons for the sp to be held down? LIke some want in cheaper, like some won't invest until we're on the big board, etc. etc.? Hmmm. Noting that the sp for NOT just for E1, as evaluated by various financial institutions was much higher than the present sp months back, there are obviously other factors involved than simply stating that it " isn't worth much"

"People are speculating some very high tonnages today. I like to speculate too, but let's wait and see. The good news is that now we have a mine and the stock is heading higher. However, are we close to waking Crazy Dick? I don't think so."

I agree and I don't think we're going to $20 anytime soon but I likewise am open to the fact that a single hole can change that and bring us much higher. In opposition to your next line I would also say that NOT, given the richness and diversity of their finds is probably one of the most likely companies to significantly increase their finds and sp value.

"I could go into my arguments why Noront is not the best bet in town, but I won't."

I think you should having cast dispersions in the above statement. If you are going to call it down you should explain why. To say something is not the best bet in town and not say why is suspect.

"I will say that our best bet is to be bought out by the big boys to keep this ore off the market. They know that there is not going to be enough demand over the next five years to make much profit. They need to control the market to make any money."

Given that this would not likely become an operating mine within the next five years why would it need to be taken out to control the market?

"If Wes was claiming that this is game changer for the Nickel industry, that was pure speculation that demand exists for this nickel."

Given that a mine is a long term commitment and that their timelines are very long term, demand for nickel over the next few years is not really the major concern, it is the future demands that will be significant over decades and likely for much bigger dollars.

"People have on rose colored glasses if they think the economy is coming back anytime soon. Although, he was likely implying that these new holes are game changers for Noront. That is true. We are now in play bigtime and I would love to see a buyout."

I agree, but as for a buyout, hopefully not in the near future. I would not be in a big hurry to sell out on something that everyone knows, whether they want to admit it for what ever reason or not, is likely to be an area to be reckoned with in the mining world. Do we need more proof? Of course we do. We've seen the smoke and there definitely is fire. We are just waiting to see how much fire there is. Given the amount of smoke we're seeing, we can certainly gain a sense that the light coming from this fire is likely to pretty bright. Do your D.D. and stay level along with the optimism. Weigh all that you hear and read and be prepared for things to take longer than you'd like. Anything that comes through sooner is a bonus.

Please login to post a reply
Sum4All
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/04/2007
Social Links
Private Message