Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to notster's message

I don't think those graphics accurately represent either the ROF intrusion, or the erosional effects.

In the first diagram, the ROF is shown as a sill, but it's not clear that there aren't chamber like features in some segments of the sill, e.g. at FWR 100% claim block.

In the second diagram, there is no representation of the overturning of the ROF intrusion that occurred prior to the erosion. And I've seen other depictions of theirs that show Wabassi as being similarly overturned so I'm not sure what to make of this image.

I think the evidence is showing (confirmed by the Micon report) that the bulk of the deposits have eroded away. All we have left is one edge, somewhat less than half the original deposit. The eroded material is long dispersed, and likely lies at the bottom of Hudson Bay and/or the St. Lawrence estuary as sediments. The feeder pipe(s) for the intrusive is/are in that section that has eroded away. That said, there's nothing to say that there weren't multiple points at which magma rose, and some might yet be found preserved.

The plunge trend to the east might preserve greater proportions of the sill and feeder(s) as we explore easterly from e.g. the FWR 100% block. The younging trend also moves SE, so the band of ultramafic striking NE across the UC et al JV is a whole new prospective trend. The best discoveries could well be yet to come.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008