Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Re: grams/oz
over 15 years ago
in response to khareema's message

That's the really puzzling thing isn't it? So in a field of otherwise barren, worthless rock some guy named Nemis manages to pull 52 ounces/ton in a single drill hole.

And that's the end of the story, is what we're supposed to believe. It was just a million-to-one shot: apparently RN found the only gold to be found and neatly did it with one drill hole. Talk about an over-achiever!

The thing that irks me is that while I realize just because there was 52 oz in one locale, doesn't mean there will be bonanza grades everywhere. But to say there is nothing else there is hooey. Gold has to come from somewhere, it doesn't just magically appear because some leprechaun buried his treasure there. They simply either didn't hit the source of the mineralization this time ( on purpose or by bad luck/bad decisions) and they simply think that by telling us there's nothing there, that maybe with enough time we'll become mesmerized by their vain repetitions.

The presence of the likes of JP Morgan and the alumni from Kinross/Aurelian, not to mention the undue stacking of the BOD with folks with past/present ties to Barrick gold is enough to tell me what I need to know. To me, it's all just a sleight of hand. "Gather round, ladies and gentlemen, and prepared to be astounded. I, the great Rawso, will amaze you with my feats of magic as I make 52 oz of gold VANISH before your very eyes".

You get the picture. I have no problem accepting the fact that an otherwise promising deposit ends up being a dud; but the whole way this entire past 8 months with Noront has taken on twists and turns makes me stubbornly ( and perhaps wrongly) believe we are being treated like mushrooms ( you know, kept in the dark, fed bull***t).

Just my rant for the day.

Please login to post a reply
quackaphobe
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/16/2007
Social Links