Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to From_Sudbury's message

Hi From-Sudbury:

I'm not sure if you read my previous post in regards to the no lay offs for three years.

You posted:

What makes matters worse....especially now....we have Xstrata, who made a deal with the government....to no lay offs for three years....now they announce huge lay offs....rumors that Vale will follow with similar layoffs soon....

I posted:

Xstrata Nickel reaches agreement with CAW on restructuring (PDF)

Sudbury, 13 February 2009

In recognition of the impact the necessary restructuring of its Sudbury operations will have on affected employees, their families and the Sudbury community, Xstrata Nickel is pleased to announce that it has today reached agreement with Mine Mill Local 598/Canadian Auto Workers on a package of measures to mitigate these impacts.

The company will implement a 16-week wage continuance, including benefits, for those employees affected by the restructuring. In November 2008, an early retirement program was initiated targeting 250 employees, which saw an uptake by approximately 220 employees. An additional early retirement program will be offered to the approximately 30 remaining eligible employees. Xstrata Nickel will also work to identify short-term opportunities for affected employees on capital projects.

Marc Boissonneault, Vice-President of Xstrata Nickel Sudbury Operations said: “We recognize the impact the restructuring is having on our employees and their families. We are pleased to have reached agreement on our plans to find ways to help mitigate the impact of layoffs and we remain fully committed to securing our future in Sudbury.

I believe the extended 16 weeks will cover the 3 year agreement.......RL

Please login to post a reply
RockLicker
City
The Nickel Capital
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/13/2008