Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

I was thinking today about the potential with respct to the ROF and comparisons to Voisey Bay....a few thoughts come to mind...

-- from reading "The Big Score", it seems the only companies at the time that took large positions or made offers were all Canadian companies....first Tech took a position; then a bidding war between Falconbridge and INCO....all Canadian companies at the time....it was only afterwards that Vale made a move for INCO and Xstrata made a move for Falconbridge

So, then I thought about what Canadian companies are left

We have Tech still....I believe they don't currently have a very strong balance sheet.....there's Hudbay.....same for them....there's FNX mining; perhaps in survival mode themselves

Surely, no Canadian companies with strong balance sheets at this time

We all like to think Canadian companies are politically secure, but we have our issues as well....

There's issues with respect to native land....perhaps non Canadian companies would have a more difficult time negociating deals with the natives....just a hunch...

There's issues with respect to the sharing of costs in relation to building infrastructure.....perhaps Canadian companies would get our provincial and federal government to kick in more than non Canadian companies

There's also public opinion....how do we as Canadians feel about non Canadian companies coming in to take over such a large area of great potential....non shareholders are not so agreeable, especially after what happened with INCO and Falconbridge

What makes matters worse....especially now....we have Xstrata, who made a deal with the government....to no lay offs for three years....now they announce huge lay offs....rumors that Vale will follow with similar layoffs soon....

All this talk about a major coming in.....I'm thinking....it could be a long wait

A better strategy may be to form the next major Canadian company

Just a few thoughts.....from a Canadian....and a shareholder of several companies in the ROF

Please login to post a reply
From_Sudbury
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/24/2007
Social Links
Private Message