Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Pilgrim's message

The railway to Lab City was built 50 or 60 years ago. Since then, IOC has celebrated it's one billionth tonne of ore mined. IOC is not the only user, since the QNS&L Railway ships goods to Western Labrador and also hauls ore for two other iron ore mines that have been in operation for decades and one in Gagnon which closed in 1986 and the Schefferville mines that closed as well but shipped out a lot of material. In NL, the CN railway on the island was deemed too expensive an operation for moving goods across the island and trucking was the answer. In my opinion, a railway is out of the question. The capitol costs would be far too prohibitive. I don't see that as a negative. If trucking using B trains is the cost effective way of transporting concentrate, than lets establish that and focus on mining methods, concentrating and any other forms of secondary processing that decreases the volume/weight to be shipped and increases value. Before that, we have to expand our resource but it is interesting working on these future details while we wait.

Please login to post a reply
CMP
City
NL
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/25/2008
Social Links