Newcastle Gold Ltd.

Operating Gold Mines - Quebec & Peru Canadian Gold Producer with significant GOLD Reserves
in response to tectol's message

About the IP tool , my understanding is that the same IP address could happen if people live in the same area and have the same service provider , that tool is not as accurate as a phone number or street address for example , it's more like a postal code in term of location accuracy .

No, an IP addresss is NOT like a postal code. It is possible to get a new IP address but the DHCP server will only give you a new one if your MAC address changes. So, you either get a new router, PC, or you're spoofing your MAC addresses...... What you're trying to tell people is that when you mail a letter all you need to do is put John Doe T3F 4P7 and the mail delivery person knows where to go?

Tracking IP addresses on a web site is very simple and for the vast majority of the time very accurate. I've tracked people on web sites I've written, it' easy.

I find it humorous that one could suggest that four people are living in the same area, same service provider, are all posting on Agoracom CMM site, and their DHCP server somehow managed to give each of these guys the same IP Address for posts that were made within minutes of each other.....

You have no idea what you are talking about.....

Please login to post a reply
GoldBandit
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/07/2010
Social Links
Private Message