Newcastle Gold Ltd.

Operating Gold Mines - Quebec & Peru Canadian Gold Producer with significant GOLD Reserves
in response to balducci's message

Re: the Globe and Mail article.

I was very quickly jotting down notes, so may have missed some further info on this. Did not get the questioner's name either. The only article I can find is http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/white-tiger-pounces-on-century-mining/article1941322/

which discusses some of the lack of liquidity of WTG and also mentions a knock to CMM from Brian Mok.

"...White Tiger’s shares closed down 28.5 per cent after the deal was announced, bringing the total value of the deal into the range of $530-million. However, only 10 per cent of White Tiger’s total outstanding shares are publicly traded, so even one or two big sellers can affect the stock price.

White Tiger, which is based in the British Virgin Islands, is 75-per-cent owned by Russian mining magnate Max Finskiy, who becomes executive chairman of the combined business. While White Tiger recently completed a private placement, those shares are locked up and can’t be traded.

Shortly after White Tiger went public, Mr. Cowley told Mining Weekly he intended to focus on boosting production at his Siberian mines, rather than hunt down acquisitions. The apparent change of course represented by the Century deal could have something to do with the latter’s troubled financial position, which Brian Mok, an analyst at Union Securities, commented on in a recent note to clients.

Blaine, Wash.-based Century also has had production problems at Lamaque and Mr. Mok said in the note he believes 2011 gold production at the project will be below the projected range of 70,000 to 75,000 ounces. The project has been through numerous stops and starts since Century acquired it in 2004 from McWatters Mining Inc., which was then in financial distress."

I don't know if this is what the caller was referring to.

Peachy

Please login to post a reply
Peachy
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/15/2011
Social Links