Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to brentie98's message

I am not at all impressed by this article. Clearly, the author is long BIOD and hates MNKD. No similarity at all between the 2 drugs. Biodel's drug is still injected, and that necessarily has a longer onset. Also, the inhaler is not like an asthma inhaler. Dreamboat must disperse a powder deep into the lungs; asthma inhalers disperse a liquid into the bronchioles. He's trying to ride on the coattails of MNKD. Love this comment and the author's response:

• I'm a bit confused about the relationship between BIOD and MNKD. If the Afrezza trials go well and MNKD brings the product to market, how is that a good thing for BIOD? Why would people rather inject ultra-fast-acting insulin than inhale it? I would think that if Afrezza gets approved by the FDA then there would be no space left in the market for BIOD.
    18 Jun, 09:11 AMReply! Report AbuseLike0
  • I will explain the above in an article about MNKD very soon. Short answer. Diabetics who have shot up insulin for years won't use MNKD'S inhaler -- it's called normalcy bias, and MNKD is grossly over valued and its product will flop financially in my strongest opinion -YET. In other words, I have has enough of the MNKD "pump" and it needs a real monetary overview. Ask yourself why no partner with them, and terrible financing if their product is so good, MONETARY wise?
  • Please login to post a reply
    liahall
    City
    maine
    Rank
    President
    Activity Points
    Rating
    Your Rating
    Date Joined
    03/19/2012
    Social Links