Crystallex International

Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM "Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold producer with operations and exploration properties in Venezuela."
Vet
over 13 years ago
in response to EZ Street's message

I didn't bring up GRZ but I won't stand by and allow you post things that are patently untrue.

Neither GRZ nor KRY ever mined LB and LC respectively. GRZ did far more drilling on LB than KRY ever did on LC and they progressed right up to being granted their environmental permit something that KRY never managed to achieve.

GRZ was not thrown off LB because of lack of progress. It's true that even though they were issued their permit, the ability to act on that permit was denied them due to an administrative block. GRZ put their ICSID arbitration application in progress as soon as they had the official notification that their permit had been withdrawn, and in fact their major concession wasn't taken back by Venezuela until well after the ICSID application was in place.

It's also not true that GRZ did nothing positive in regards to mining LB. They contracted and paid for the building of two 35k tpd mills and bought a considerable amount of other equipment after their approval was granted. In all, their equipment purchases for LB were much greater than KRY's purchases for LC. They also used the same engineering contractors as KRY and paid them very significant sums to do the engineering design for LB.

Ultimately however GRZ lost the battle with Hugo's minions as did KRY. There is no oneupmanship involved. Both companies have been screwed and I have no idea why you continue to denigrate GRZ when KRY is in a similar position due essentially to the same cause.

I actually believe GRZ waited too long before going all out into arbitration, and I can assure you I lost a significant sum on GRZ. I fear that KRY is going down the same path, hoping for some compromise from Venezuela that is unlikely to ever eventuate and delaying the obvious course of action, immediate arbitration.

Please login to post a reply
The_Vet
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/09/2008
Social Links
Private Message