Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.
in response to cuushareholder's message

I asked BC Hydro questions via email along this line. This is the 'public' response i recieved last week (my bold and underline):

Dear (XYZ)

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Northwest Transmission Line project. To answer your questions:

1.Just to clarify, the voltage of the NTL is 287 kV. The nominal capacity of the line is about 300 MW. The actual capacity will depend on a number of factors, including where the customer loads are located and where generation supplies (such as the Forrest Kerr run of river project) interconnect to the line.

There is currently no system capacity contracted under supply agreements on the NTL. The NTL was constructed to interconnect the Forest Kerr run of river generating project. However, it is also expected that it will provide a supply of clean energy to future mining loads under development in the area and it will also facilitate providing grid power to Iskut.

2.BC Hydro does not allocate system capacity to any specific customer group. BC Hydro deals with customer requests for power on an individual basis, as their demand materializes. It is expected that the NTL will primarily be used to interconnect both new clean sources of energy production and to supply mine loads in northwest B.C. The amount of electricity needed by individual mines varies substantially and can typically range anywhere from 10 to over 100 MW. As noted above, the NTL system is designed to a nominal load capacity of about 300 megawatts. While BC Hydro discussions with individual mining companies are confidential, we can tell you is that the NTL capacity is adequate to supply the mines most likely to come into service in the near future.

3.The load capacity of NTL can be expanded by increasing the power supplied into the system (for example, by adding base power generation locally) or by modifying the existing 500 kV transmission line between Prince George and Terrace.

I hope this information is useful to you. We do have information on the NTL project on the BC Hydro website:www.bchydro.com/ntl As well, I have a database of interested people to whom I send periodic project updates. If you’d like me to put you into the database, please let me know.

Sincerely

Lesley A. Wood

Please login to post a reply
Chappy726
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/23/2011