Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd

The Company sampled three trenches, which totaled 55 meters long, to provide metallurgical and ore zone data for oxidized mineralization at bedrock. The trenches ranged from 5.5 to 11.3 metres wide at the toe and were from 4.6 to 6.1 metres deep.
News
about 14 years ago

Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd.: Gold Production Begins at QR Mine & Mill

Friday, August 13, 2010

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Aug. 13, 2010) - Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd. ("Barkerville", the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:BGM)(FRANKFURT:IWUB) announces that Kevin McMurren, QR Mine Manager has reported to the Board of Directors that in preparation for full scale gold production, testing of the mill process circuits have been completed and mill start up is underway at the QR Mine & Mill in central British Columbia. Crushing and grinding of ore has commenced and leach tanks are being filled in preparation for the first gold pour next week.

Startup feed ore has been stockpiled on surface and a mining plan is in place to support an initial 600 tonne per day operation.

Production longhole drilling and driving of slot raises continues in the fully developed, 915 stope. Over 2000 metres of longhole production drilling and two slot raises have been completed in this first production stope with the first production longhole blast planned for next week. Pre-production mine development continues towards the west side of the west zone. This ore is the down dip extension of the North Lobe Pit.

About Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd.

The Company has been developing its Cariboo Gold Project in Barkerville, B.C., which encompasses (from northwest to south east) the former producing Hardscrabble Tungsten Mine, Mosquito Creek Gold Mine (now on care and maintenance), Aurum Mine, Island Mountain Mine, Cariboo Gold Quartz Mine, Bonanza Ledge (proposed mine), the Cariboo Thompson Gold & Silver Mine and the Cariboo Hudson Mine. The Company commenced operations in the Cariboo District in 1994 and since that time has focused on the exploration and development of its gold properties. Mineral tenures in the Historic Cariboo Goldfields now encompass approximately 1,115 square km (111,499 hectare) over a 60 km long by 20 km wide belt. In the Barkerville Gold Camp, 101 creeks have reported placer gold production. On February 2, 2010, the Company reported that it closed the acquisition of the QR Mine, Mill and its associated assets and began gold mining operations at the QR Mine. The Company does not have any of its future gold production hedged.

On Behalf of the Board of Directors

J. Frank Callaghan, President

This news release contains forward-looking statements regarding the timing and content of upcoming programs. Actual results may differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Please login to post a reply
Danno13
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/10/2008
Social Links